As I am now working in a group, we have decided on our final idea.
It is a psyco-thriller with Viv playing the main character.
Our opening sequence is based on the opening sequence of ‘Lockout’ a film released in 2012, directed by James Mather and Stephen Saint Leger.
Here it is;
We were inspired by this opening sequence, as the interrogation if perfect for our idea of a abduction, and the way in which the titles are embedded into every punch to the face is a clever way to add them in discretely.
A break down of our story line;
- Date appears in a scrambled effect
- Introduced by white lighting
- Main character is George in this scene
- George and Viv walk down a dark alleyway through town (Setting: marketplace)
- We talk about a blue powder and situation that has went wrong
- Drops a bag on the floor (camera follows it) (slow motion)
- BLACK SCREEN
- Viv wakes up (blurry scene) in a chair in a dark but high lighting setting (Queensgate car park)
- A dark figure comes through (face can’t be seen) and throws water at Viv’s face, hear a massive breathing noise
- Screen goes black.
- Picks up the bag
- Looks around, George is gone, (trashcan falling sound)
- Viv searches and shouts for George
- Viv gets a text message from ‘Dad’
- Gets in a taxi
- Camera zooms into Viv’s closing ‘tired’ eyes
- Screen goes black
- (end of face being splashed with water)
- Viv gasps
- Gets a punch to the face (opening credits per punch)
- *converse* and repeated punches (Isaac the interrogator)
Light flickers throughout the interrogation
- Scene goes black
- Light comes on
- Viv breaks the chair in anger
- Throws the chair at the camera
- Screen goes to the title sequence